Shopping, Retail News & Press Release Distribution Services
GroupWeb News Network
Submit RSS Feed
Submit Press Release
Unlimited Press Release Distribution
News Media List
MSNBC Retail News
New York Times
Retail Technology Review
Special Retail Report
Women's Wear Daily
RSS News Feed
Get your news feed listed here as other news media shown above!
Submit RSS News Feed
Retail, Shopping News Releases
Search retail news:
Ghana Retail Industry Market Share|Report|Forecast to 2026
Ghana Retail Industry Market
, October 29, 2019 )
• Retail industry is primarily responsible for the distribution of finished products to the public. The retail sector comprises of general retailers, departmental stores, specialty stores and discount stores, Ghana provides wide opportunities in food retail business owing to fast growing urbanization, rising household incomes and change in lifestyle & eating habits. Ghana’s retail industry is relatively advanced compared with other African countries. The open market is still a dominating retail industry in Ghana. The key suppliers providing service in Ghana retail industry includes Finatrade Group, Melcom Ltd, Forewin Ghana Ltd, Hippo Group and many others.
• Increasing disposable income by the communities and growing urbanization across the country is the primary factor driving the Ghana retail industry market during forecast period. The increasing disposable income of the people in Ghana, will increase the buying power of people for consumer goods. According to the World Bank, in 2017, the household final consumption expenditure has grown by 11.3% in Ghana. Also, increasing urbanization is one of the factors driving the Ghana retail industry market In 2019, Ghana has an estimated population of 30.10 million, which ranks 48th in the world. The population has been increased from 2010 census figure of 24.2 million. Ghana's population is currently growing at a rate of 2% per year.
• However, higher cost of freight prices as compare to other countries in this region is one of the major factors hindering the Ghana retail market.
• Ghana retail industry market is segmented on the basis of product type into apparel, FMCG, furniture, and others.
• Ghanaians spend most of their income on food and non-alcoholic beverages that account for 41% of total expenditure. Ghana is the 11th largest grocery retail market in Africa, and the second largest in West Africa –after Nigeria’s. The open market is the dominant segment, for food retail outlet in Ghana. The retail food sector in Ghana consists of three main subsectors: Supermarkets (accounting for approximately 4% of total retail sales), Convenience stores and small grocery stores (36 %), and Traditional open air markets (60%). More than 90% of the local staple foodstuffs, including fresh fruit and vegetables, meat and frozen fish (imported or local), are sold to consumers at the traditional markets. Traditional markets organize promotional activities that tend to have significant consumer impact.
Download Free Sample:
• The Ghana retail industry market is dominated by the businesses with ownerships from India, Lebanon, and other European countries. They supply goods majorly from Asia, EU, and South Africa.
• The key strategies adopted by the prominent players in the Ghana retail industry market includes new facility expansions and investments to cater the growing consumer demand for FMCG and other electronic goods. For instance, in January 2019, Unilever Ghana has invested more than USD 12.27 million in new infrastructure and factory plants over the last two years, cementing its leadership position in the country’s consumer goods segment.
• In November 2018, Electroland Ghana Limited has opened a new premium showroom in Accra to bring its products closer to consumers. The company, which has about 15 direct branded and 10 franchised showrooms across the country has its new outlet located on the Spintex road.
Request for Discount:
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at Data M Intelligence
Tel: +1 877 441 4866
+1 877 441 4866
Retail News by Sector
Sign-Up To Our Free Newsletter!
Shopping and Retail NewsWire
Retail RSS Marketpalce
Target Press Releases
News releases from Target. Second retail giant in America.
Free Food & Beverage Magazines and Downloads
Get free publications including magazines, white papers about the food and beverage industry.
Submit RSS news feed on Retail, Shopping
Have your feed on news, products or services displayed under this marketpalce. The feed also displayed on a full page and updated daily.
Add RSS feed Now!
Shopping-Newswire is part of GropWeb Network, online properties of GroupWeb Media LLC. Copyright © GroupWeb Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.
For unlimited press release distribution for $99 per month or $999 per year, call (281) 645-4086 or start posting your press releases online at
Copyright 2009 GroupWeb Media LLC
GroupWeb Media Network
Food Beverage News
- Newswire and Press Release service of GroupWeb Media LLC