Shopping, Retail News & Press Release Distribution Services
GroupWeb News Network
Submit RSS Feed
Submit Press Release
Unlimited Press Release Distribution
News Media List
MSNBC Retail News
New York Times
Retail Technology Review
Special Retail Report
Women's Wear Daily
RSS News Feed
Get your news feed listed here as other news media shown above!
Submit RSS News Feed
Retail, Shopping News Releases
Search retail news:
Pregnancy Testing Market Size, Share and Forecast 2026
Pregnancy Testing Market
, September 12, 2019 ) Market Overview
• The pregnancy test kit detects the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) level in the urine to confirm the pregnancy. The demand of pregnancy test kit is increasing due to rising demand for easy and convenient ways to get faster results, and easy availability of pregnancy kits through various distribution channels, like pharmacy/drug stores and online stores.
• Also, the presence of smart countdown and digital test kits are expected to accelerate the
global pregnancy testing market
over the forecast period.
• Global pregnancy testing market growth is driven by the growing prevalence for gynecological issues and fertility disorders, growing demand for self-detecting pregnancy kits, increasing government support for the use of pregnancy tests, technological advancements in pregnancy test kits, increase in unintended pregnancy rate as well as adolescent pregnancy rate and increase in the number of launches of new products.
• Growing prevalence of fertility disorders is expected to boost the market over the period of forecast. For instance, according to the World Health Organization, in 2010, around 48.5 million couples worldwide are unable to have a child. They found that 1.9 % of women of 20-44 years old, those who opted for a child were unable to have first live birth and 10.5 % of the women who already had given birth were unable to have another baby after five years of trying. Thus, the increased prevalence of fertility disorders is leading to the growing demand for pregnancy testing kits.
• The presence of government initiatives for safe pregnancy testing is also expected to drive the market over the period of forecast. For instance, in 2011, WHO published guidelines in association with the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) on preventing early pregnancies and reducing poor reproductive results. In 2007, the Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative, a public-private partnership was introduced by Duke University and the US FDA, to identify and indulge in adoption of practices that increase the quality and efficiency of clinical trials, which develops evidence-based recommendations for pregnancy testing in clinical research and reduces the risk of unintended embryo/fetal exposure.
• Based on product type, the global pregnancy testing market is segmented into pregnancy test kits and fertility test kits. The pregnancy test kits segment is further segmented into strips/dipsticks and cards, digital devices, midstream kits, and cassettes. The fertility test kits segment is further segmented into line-indicator kits, digital devices, and others.
• Based on test type, the global pregnancy testing market is segmented into FSH Urine, hCG Blood, hCG Urine, and LH Urine.
• The hCG Blood segment is expected to grow at a significant rate over the period of forecast. The human chorionic gonadotropin blood test is a quantitative test that measures the level of hCG hormone, which is produced in the female body during pregnancy. The increased number of intended and unintended pregnancies is fostering the doctors to recommend HCG Blood test for the testing of pregnancy.
• Based on the distribution channel, the global pregnancy testing market is segmented into Gynecology/ Fertility Clinics, Online Sales, Pharmacies/Drugstores, Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, and Others.
• Online sales segment is expected to grow at a high rate over the period of forecast. This is owing to the easy availability and accessibility of various pregnancy test kits in the online domain.
• Easy accessibility of pregnancy test kits across hypermarkets and supermarkets is expected to foster market growth. Increased awareness of the brand has resulted in improved marketing, and the promotional activities are expected to increase the demand for pregnancy test kits in the market.
• North America is dominating the global pregnancy testing market in 2018 and estimated to hold largest market size over the forecast period (2019-2026) owing to the increased awareness among the women leading to the increased demand for self-detecting pregnancy kits, growing fertility disorders, increased unplanned pregnancy rate, presence of favorable government initiatives related to family planning.
• The unplanned pregnancy rate in the US is expected to boost the market. For instance, according to a 2017 report from the Guttmacher Institute in the US, it is estimated that 52% of unintended pregnancies are due to not using the contraceptives, and 43% of pregnancies result from incorrect contraceptive use, and only 5% are due to contraceptive failure.
• Growing prevalence of fertility disorders is expected to boost the market. For instance, according to the CDC-National Survey of Family Growth (2011–2015) report, the prevalence of infertility among the married women of 15–44 years old was 6.7% and over 12.1% of women of 15–44 years old had impaired fecundity. Thus, the growing prevalence of fertility disorders is leading to increased demand for pregnancy testing kits.
• Some of the major players in the global pregnancy testing market are Abbott Laboratories, EKF Diagnostics Holdings plc, BioMérieux SA, Atlas Medical, Quidel Corporation, BIOSYNEX SA, Prestige Brands Holdings, Swiss Precision Diagnostics (SPD) GmbH, Piramal Enterprises, NG BIOTECH SAS.
• The key players are adopting various strategies such as product launches, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations, which are contributing to the growth of the pregnancy testing market globally. For instance,
• In 2015 April, Abbott Laboratories received US FDA approval for I-STAT TOTAL HCG test for the fast and accurate detection of hCG hormone in the pregnant women.
• On May 26, 2015, Church & Dwight Co., Inc. launched the newly redesigned First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test stick, with a breakthrough curved shape designed which fits a woman’s hand with a 50 % wider tip.
• On December 13, 2017, the Start-up Lia developed a flushable pregnancy test made up of sustainable and biodegradable materials.
View full sample report:
Download free sample:
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at Data M Intelligence
Tel: +1 877 441 4866
+1 877 441 4866
Retail News by Sector
Sign-Up To Our Free Newsletter!
Shopping and Retail NewsWire
Retail RSS Marketpalce
Target Press Releases
News releases from Target. Second retail giant in America.
Free Food & Beverage Magazines and Downloads
Get free publications including magazines, white papers about the food and beverage industry.
Submit RSS news feed on Retail, Shopping
Have your feed on news, products or services displayed under this marketpalce. The feed also displayed on a full page and updated daily.
Add RSS feed Now!
Shopping-Newswire is part of GropWeb Network, online properties of GroupWeb Media LLC. Copyright © GroupWeb Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.
For unlimited press release distribution for $99 per month or $999 per year, call (281) 645-4086 or start posting your press releases online at
Copyright 2009 GroupWeb Media LLC
GroupWeb Media Network
Food Beverage News
- Newswire and Press Release service of GroupWeb Media LLC